ESSENTIAL READING FOR NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHERS
More than happy to give this a well deserved plug…..
Just published – a new e-book by Troy Paiva, Light painted Night Photography: The “Lost America” Technique
Available to download from directly from Troy Paiva’s website
My first venture into night photography was inspired after seeing Troy Paiva at work on the Sky Arts TV programme, Artland USA. Anyone with even the slightest interest in low light photography will find this book invaluable. At just $9.95 this is one of the best value photo related accessories you can buy!
About the book:
Light painting and night photography specialist Troy Paiva (AKA Lost America) has finally written a “How To” book. It explains in full detail his easy to learn techniques for creating elaborate studio-style lighting effects with a few simple flashlights and a single, pocket-sized strobe. The book demystifies LP/NP, so even a novice can create amazing images.
All the secrets of his working process, never revealed before; from light settings and gel types, to white-balance methodology and post-production techniques are revealed. Each of the 44 images gets the full treatment; not only full explanations of his lighting and exposure methodology, but also anecdotes on compositional strategy, waiting for the decisive moment and making the best of difficult working situations.
- The ultimate resource guide for getting started with the art and science of light painting and full moon-based night photography
- Written by a photographer with over 20 years of experience on the leading edge of this complex and specialized type of work
- 81 pages, with over 20,000 words
- In-depth analysis of 44 zoomable images
- Loaded with tips and tricks for accessing locations, working by moonlight vs. total darkness, manually focusing in the dark, time-exposure portraits, post-production techniques and many other subjects
Also by Troy Paiva: Night Vision: The Art of Urban Exploration